The Queen Mary 2 has arrived in Sydney. It’s so pretty and I’d love to take photos. Only here for a night though.
I’m kind of too tired to think straight right now, but I just wanted to take a moment to say thank goodness the Oscars are over and that Kate Winslet won the award.
Now can we get back to more important things? Like boycotting Easter eggs until it’s actually Easter?
Oh, and check out this stunningly stupid segment relating to the Oscars from one of Channel 7’s stupid programs.
The program sent a reporter to a slum in India. Not only does she beam and bounce about during her segment, she refers to the open sewer in the slum with a straight face, just stopping short of an excited squeal (of the “Look where I am today!” sort).
Oh, and look out for the man beating one of those poor children in the background as the above mentioned reporter does her thing.
It’s a shame not even the economic crisis stopped channel 7 from spending money to send their daring and intrepid reporter to India’s slums in honour of Slumdog Millionaire.
But yeah, glad Slumdog Millionaire won best pic.
I like reading bumper stickers on cars. The other day I saw “War is terrorism, with a bigger budget”.
“Go home, Abe!” called out the sheriff. “Today’s not a good day for dyin’.”
“You killed my pappy,” said the youth, “and my pappy’s pappy. And his pappy’s pappy. And my brothers Jethro, Hank, Hoss, Red, Peregrine, Marsh, Junior, Dizzy, Luke, Peregrine, George an’ all the others. I’m callin’ you out, lawman.”
“You said Peregrine twice.”
“He wuz special.”
– Something Rotten, Jasper Fforde
Things I like:
– Picnik. What a cool site for playing around with your photos, and of course, it links very easily to Facebook, Flickr, etc. So easy to use and it’s free for most of the functions. Five stars.
– Ghost Town. It’s a good movie. There were a few moments where Ricky Gervais reminded me of David Brent, but the film is actually very funny. Annoying kids next to me would not shut up though. Grrr.
– That moment of relief when you wake up from a disturbing dream and realise it was just a bad dream.
– Getting lost in a good book.
– Chocolate freckles and Kinder Bueno bars.
– The sound of rain.
– The writing on The West Wing.
Things I don’t like:
– People who talk in cinemas.
– Easter eggs coming out in December.
– Oscars buzz. Seriously, who gives a crap?
The verdict is still out on:
– Twitter. I kind of like it. I kind of don’t. Then I kind of don’t care either way, so I guess I’m just indecisive.
– The latest seasons of Lost, Battlestar Galactica and Dexter.
How cool is this building design?
New aquarium The Blue Planet (scheduled for completion in 2013) promises something pretty amazing. I really like the whirlpool design.
Check out the pitch video on the architects 3XN’s website. You have navigate your way through unfortunately, but it’s worth it. Your life won’t ever be the same again.
OK, well, that’s a lie. But take a look anyway.